Gateway Tunnel Project to resume
Digest more
All $205 million in federal funds for the Gateway rail tunnel construction program that had been frozen by the Trump administration has been released.
The entity building the $16 billion Gateway rail tunnel received the entire $205 million a judge ordered President Donald Trump’s administration to unfreeze, but a report to a judge said the project is owed more money.
The Trump administration halted funding for the critical Gateway Tunnel Project, and the president said as recently as Monday on social media he was concerned about the project being over budget and not on time.
The federal government has disbursed another $77 million in previously frozen funding for the Gateway project, but work has yet to resume on the new set on Hudson River tunnels.
President Donald Trump called the Gateway Tunnel project a boondoggle, a charge that was immediately refuted by Gov. Mike Sherrill.
PressConnects.com Binghamton on MSN
Travel advisory in Binghamton ahead of 363 Gateway Project. See where
NYSDOT has issued a travel advisory, as preliminary construction is set to begin ahead of the 363 Gateway project in downtown Binghamton.